Friday, June 25, 2010

/Sadface on Mogbanaza. Overwhelmed upon the update. Staying the course.


Well the update is here! The assault static didn't have a run that because of the installations so I took time to organize some personal things offline and do some net surfing on some important information as well. The next day however I was looking forward to logging on to check things out.

But when I got home from work and started to log on I suddenly felt....overwhelmed at the prospects of the update. Many things have changed at how us, the adventurers, will play. Its like from going to driving a car with an automatic transmission to a car with manual transmission. That kind of transition have people befuddled. I sure as heck was at the time.

What I learned from experience and some advice from Foulei was to deal with one thing at a time. It's the best way towards achieving goals, well for me at least. I'm not as hardcore as many others and that is fine considering that I'm a casual player by my standards so I am happy with my situation. So I will stay the course of my current plans which are to enhance the Paladin job, leveling Blue Mage, level Cooking, Campaign like crazy, and do assaults with the static group. Everything else I'll do in between when I can and push on through without wavering.



("A warrior must take care that his spirit is not broken"-Author Unknown.)

Yesterday the mog bonanza announced its numbers. Unfortunately, I didn't land on the higher ranks. All I got was a choice of a statue. I choose the Shadow Lord one. It's fine since I never got anything at all in he last Mogbonanzas anyways :-P Still, it would've been nice to win something bigger. There's always next time.

So, when I logged online the night after the update and our Limbus and Salvage events, Foulei, Capsession and Bayni invited me over to level with them.....in Promiviyon-Holla! I was like, "wha?0.0". They told me that the update has added a ton of new mobs, hence why a lot of old areas are overcamped when they were setting up the party.


We get to Promyvion-Holla and climb up to the top floor, but prior to that we spot one of these new mobs pictured here. Boy, this little guy was kicking our butts; it attacks fast AND hard, not a pretty picture let me tell you! After the near death battle we continued up with our 6th coming in tow. Once assembled we leveled for a bit before I started getting sleepy and I tottered off to bed after getting a replacement.

Ok, so far now I am enthused about the update because it brings out many good possibilities despite the small amount of shortcomings of it. If the good outweighs the bad, go for it! An old saying to live by :)

No comments: